Saturday, January 19, 2008

Confidence

What the hell does this one mean exactly?

I like the first part, it's about spreading confidence. Positive, spiritual, easy to swallow, like "Pay It Forward".

But what is up with the "lack of confidence is contagious"? That's kind of a bummer thing to think about on my drive home Milt & Edie. So are you trying to tell me that every time in my life when I haven't had as much confidence, when I haven't felt like I've had my shit together, people around me were feeling it and feeding off it? My insecurities, which I thought that I was growing out of as a teenager but now just seem to be evolving into different things as an adult, leak into other people like .... I don't know... contagious viruses and colds. I was thinking something even more melodramatic because the sign put me in such a bad state, like I was leaking poison un-confident gas or something.


Jesus that's some heavy stuff.


All that from a dry cleaning sign. And you only have a couple of seconds to process it when you are stopped at a red light. That's why I love Milt & Edie. Cheaper than therapy.


No comments: